WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING...
You can find online interviews with Christy, and reviews of her work, starting here:
- Feb. 22, 2016 interview with Patricia Toht on GROG
- Feb. 9, 2016 author interview and book review with Ann Jacobus on Reader Kidz
- Feb. 11, 2016 part 2 of Reader Kidz interview
- March 4, 2016 interview and book review with Sue Heavenrich on Archimedes Notebook
- Dec. 2015 Cricket Media Blog: Christy’s article “Marching to Montgomery and Beyond” got a shout-out from COBBLESTONE magazine editor Meg Chorlian, who named it her favorite magazine piece of the year 2015.
Christy’s article, “The Probability of Purple Peas,” which won commendation in SCBWI’s Magazine Merit Awards competition, was also cited by the Parents’ Choice Foundation in designating ASK magazine a 2016 Gold Award winner. “Genetics isn't easy to explain,” stated the judges, “but a feature on Gregor Mendel for [ASK’s] probability issue explains the mechanics of breeding pea plants quite cogently, complete with a pretty Punnet square for illustration.”