WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING...
You can find online interviews with Christy, and reviews of her work, starting here:
- 2021: Kirkus starred review of WATER: A Deep Dive of Discovery
- 2021: Kirkus glowing review of THE SUPREME COURT AND US
- June 2020 interview: Song of Six Pens
- May 2020 "Think Quick" interview
- April 14, 2020 Interview on Writers' Rumpus
- 2019 Cynsations interview
- Sept 2018 Lerner interview
- Sept. 7, 2018 Spotlight on Kidlit 411
- Feb. 22, 2016 interview with Patricia Toht on GROG
- Feb. 9, 2016 author interview and book review with Ann Jacobus on Reader Kidz
- Feb. 11, 2016 part 2 of Reader Kidz interview
- March 4, 2016 interview and book review with Sue Heavenrich on Archimedes Notebook
- Dec. 2015 Cricket Media Blog: Christy’s article “Marching to Montgomery and Beyond” got a shout-out from COBBLESTONE magazine editor Meg Chorlian, who named it her favorite magazine piece of the year 2015.
Christy’s article, “The Probability of Purple Peas,” which won commendation in SCBWI’s Magazine Merit Awards competition, was also cited by the Parents’ Choice Foundation in designating ASK magazine a 2016 Gold Award winner. “Genetics isn't easy to explain,” stated the judges, “but a feature on Gregor Mendel for [ASK’s] probability issue explains the mechanics of breeding pea plants quite cogently, complete with a pretty Punnet square for illustration.”